Are you newly qualified, new to working in the early years, or perhaps coming back after a career break? This course will give you an insight into the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
From birth to five, children develop and learn more rapidly than at any other stage of life. Children are unique and so is teaching in the EYFS - during the day we will explore a variety of themes to enable practitioners to consider in their settings.
The course will be a mix of input and active learning allowing participants to talk with colleagues, reflect on video clips and on their own practice, and plan for improvement.
Delegates will gain:
- An awareness of child development and the learning needs of young children;
- An understanding of the teaching, learning and assessment requirements in the Revised EYFS;
- Ideas for managing and organising the learning environment both inside and outside.
Trainer(s): Donna Harwood-Duffy
Donna Harwood-Duffy is the Executive Headteacher at both Chertsey and Dorking Nursery Schools and Mole Valley Family Centre. She has a wealth of experience working in the EYFS sector in Surrey and in the Middle East. Donna has held the post of EYFS Leader, Deputy Headteacher and Headteacher in a variety of Nursery, Infant and Primary settings. Before joining the team at Dorking Nursery School, Donna worked as an EYFS Consultant in Surrey supporting schools across the county with all aspects of school improvement linked to the EYFS.
- A buffet lunch will be provided along with refreshments throughout the day;
- There is no parking on site for attendees;
- Booking is via website booking form only;
- Our cancellation charges are as follows:
- Over 4 weeks - full refund
- Between 10 working days and 4 weeks - 50% refund
- Less than 10 working days - no refund
- We reserve the right to cancel a conference, in which case a full refund will be made