What's on - Course
Children in NeedView all datesApplicable to: 3-5s NurseryEvent Type: Nursery Fun dayMore about this Event
Please come to nursery in spotty clothes with a donation for the Food BankDecember12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031January12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031
Understanding the EYFS in practice - for support staff working in the EYFSView all datesApplicable to: 3-5s NurseryEvent Type: CourseMore about this Event
This course is aimed at support staff working in early years settings.
The course will give delegates:-
- An overview and understanding of the EYFS and areas of learning
- An understanding of their role in supporting teaching and learning both inside and outside
- Support for writing observations
- An understanding of what good practice looks like
Are you new to working in the early years, or perhaps coming back after a career break? This course will give you an insight into the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
From birth to five, children develop and learn more rapidly than at any other stage of life. Children are unique and so is teaching in the EYFS – during the day we will explore a variety of themes to enable practitioners to consider in their settings.
Feedback from previous courses........
"So well presented & adapted to the attending group"
"Fabulous course, came away feeling more confident and reassured about what I am doing"
"Really useful & helpful. Donna identified areas where we needed support and gave lots of helpful and practical advice"
"Donna checked in regularly on if we felt our questions were answered. I left feeling very reassured and confident"
"Very supportive and everything was very well explained"
Trainer(s): Donna Harwood-Duffy
Donna Harwood-Duffy is the Executive Headteacher at both Chertsey and Dorking Nursery Schools and Mole Valley Family Centre. She has a wealth of experience working in the EYFS sector in Surrey and the Middle East. Donna has held the post of EYFS Leader, Deputy Headteacher and Headteacher in a variety of Nursery, Infant and Primary settings. Before joining the team at Dorking Nursery School, Donna worked as an EYFS Consultant in Surrey supporting schools across the county with all aspects of school improvement linked to the EYFS.
- Refreshments will be provided;
- There is no parking on site for attendees;
- Booking via website booking form only;
- Our cancellation charges are as follows:
- Over 4 weeks – full refund
Between 10 working days and 4 weeks – 50% refund
Less than 10 working days – no refund
- We reserve the right to cancel a conference, in which case full refund will be made
- Over 4 weeks – full refund
Makaton Level 1 * New date now 7th February 2023View all datesApplicable to: 3-5s NurseryEvent Type: CourseMore about this Event
Makaton is a fun and inclusive way for adults and children of all abilities to interact, socialise and express themselves with confidence independently. Makaton is for everyone who interacts with others in their community.
This Level 1 training is the starting point for learning Makaton. It is recommended for:
- parents, family members, carers and workers who need to use Makaton at home and in their work
- participants who need a more detailed knowledge about using and applying Makaton to develop the communication skills of others
Content of the day
- Level 1 training provides a practical introduction to the Makaton Language Programme
- Sessions include discussing commonly asked questions, hints and tips for effective signing and symbol use and how to start using Makaton in everyday situations at home or work
- You will also learn the signs and symbols from Stages 1 and 2, and some of the Additional stage, of the Core Vocabulary
We plan to run the follow-up Level 2 training session in the Autumn term.
Level 1 training is made up of two modules during the day (7 hours). The course starts promptly at 9.00am with registration from 8.30am.
Participants must have an interest in early communication skills.
Trainer(s): Stella Rogers
The workshop is delivered by Stella Rogers, a Qualified Makaton Tutor with over 10 years of experience working with children and adults with communication needs. She has worked in schools, colleges & nursery settings as well as community groups and projects in the London area. Stella offers Level 1 and Level 2 Makaton training for individuals, families, educators, health & social care professionals and anyone else who wishes to learn!December12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031January12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031